Today, we are launching a new update for the Stryd Workout App that makes it easy to run in hot and humid weather and adjust for cooler conditions.
Whenever you start a workout on your compatible Garmin watch, you can input the expected temperature and humidity conditions for your run and your workout’s power targets will automatically be adjusted.
This new feature is being released in a preview state. We want to learn from you, the Stryd Community, to understand the best uses of this technology and how we can expand this functionality moving forward!
How it works
- Update to the latest version of the Stryd Workout App (https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/1df63e9d-f886-4541-b188-2406a3bf5be0) on your compatible Garmin Watch
- Open up the Stryd Workout App on your Garmin watch
- Enable the “Environmental Adjustments” feature in the settings menu on your watch
- Once the option is enabled, select a workout to execute
- You will be prompted to input the temperature and humidity conditions for your run
- Now, you can start the run! Your power targets will be adjusted based on the environmental conditions.
- If the conditions are hotter than your typical training conditions, the power targets will be lowered.
- If the conditions are cooler than your typical training conditions, the power targets will be raised.
Note: Since this feature is being released in a preview state, the power targets will only be adjusted on the watch. Your planned workout on your Stryd account will remain unadjusted.
This functionality is only available on higher memory Garmin Connect IQ devices via the Stryd Workout App.
Here is the complete compatibility list for this new update:
- D2 Charlie, D2 Delta, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta S
- Descent MK1, Descent MK2, Descent MK2s
- Fenix 5 Plus, Fenix 5s Plus, Fenix 5X, Fenix 5X Plus, Fenix 6 Pro, Fenix 6X Pro, Fenix 6S Pro
- Forerunner 245 Music, Forerunner 645 Music, Forerunner 745, Forerunner 945, Forerunner 945 LTE
- Legacy Captain Marvel, Legacy First Avenger, Legacy Darth Vader, Legacy Saga Rey
- MARQ series
- Venu, Venu Mercedes Benz, Venu SQ Music, Venu 2 & Venu 2S
- Vivoactive 3 Mercedes Benz, Vivoactive 3 Music, Vivoactive 3 Music LTE
- Vivoactive 4 & Vivoactive 4S
Give us your feedback!
Automatic temperature and humidity adjustments will help pace runners in all weather conditions. With this new feature, you can run with confidence when it is hot and when it is cool. This is another step on our journey to help runners improve pacing in all conditions with running power!
As we said at the start of this post, this feature is in a preview state. Future developments will be influenced by your feedback. Give it a try and tell us your favorite way of using this technology and ways that we could expand its functionality moving forward.